SUMMARY: Supervises regional Grounds Maintenance employees in accordance with Seaboard Food’s policies and applicable law. Must know the standard operating procedures of all areas of the Grounds Maintenance Department and effectively use any appropriate means to facilitate effectiveness of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management’s discretion.
- Supervises Grounds Maintenance hourly employees, and assists in coordination of all activities in the department.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment such as: motor grader, dozer, backhoe, loader, skid loader tractor, packer, truck and trailer, and other equipment as necessary.
- Responsible for proper operation and maintenance of company equipment.
- Must have working knowledge of state / federal regulations and procedures.
- Assists in training, including safety training to personnel.
- Responsible for organizing / planning of activities in the department to meet deadlines.
- Assist in employee development and perform evaluations on employees.
- Coordinate and follow up on required departmental paperwork.
- Assist Grounds Maintenance Superintendent as needed. Assist other departments as needed.
- Be willing to perform tasks that are new to the industry
- Must be willing to be on call 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skills, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as listed below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or 3 or more years related experience or training; or combination of education and experience. Three or more year’s supervisory experience preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos. Bilingual skills (Spanish and English) preferred.
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to interpret and carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Must possess a current valid Class A or Class B CDL driver license and an acceptable MVR.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Able to operate heavy equipment, and perform all duties required under grounds maintenance details. Specific vision abilities required by this job include CDL vision requirements.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
NORMAL WORK HOURS: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Occasionally, changes in schedule will be required as special circumstances arise.